The laminar, two-dimensional flow in Sci-tech Visualization of Streamlines Model FM 133 is a good approximation of the flow of ideal fluids: the potential flow.
FM 133 can be used to visualize streamline fields for flows around drag bodies and flow through changes in cross section. The streamlines are displayed in colour by injecting a contrast medium (ink). Sources and sinks are generated via four water connections in the bottom plate. The streamlines can be clearly observed through the glass plate during flow around and flow through.
The water flow rate and the quantity of contrast medium injected can be adjusted by valves. The water connections are also activated by valves and can be combined as required. Individual models can be cut out of a rubber plate that is included.
The experimental unit is positioned easily and securely on the work surface of the FM 100F base module. The water is supplied by FM 100F. Alternatively, the experimental unit can be operated by the laboratory supply.
Visualization of streamlines
Ink as a contrast medium
Various models included: drag bodies and changes in cross-section
Sources and sinks, individually or in combination
1. Visualization of streamlines
2. Water as flowing medium and ink as contrast medium
3. Upper glass plate, hinged for interchanging models
4. Bottom plate with water connections for generating sources/sinks
5. Sources/sinks can be combined as required
6. Different drag bodies and changes in cross-section included
7. Rubber plate for creating your own models included
8. Flow velocity, water supply and water drain in sources/sinks as well as dosage of the contrast medium can
be adjusted by using valves
9. Water supply using FM 100F base module or via laboratory supply
Flow chamber contains two plates
distance between the plates: 2mm
upper plate made of glass
bottom glass plate with four water connections for sources/sinks
size experiment area: LxW: 400x280mm
10 drag bodies and changes in cross-section
Rubber plate for your own models
Injection of the contrast medium (ink)
Tank for contrast medium: 500mL
visualisation of streamlines in
flow around drag bodies
flow through changes in cross-section
influence of sources and sinks
220 – 240V 1Ph, 50Hz