- Each of following independent PET trainer may need a few set of associated panels (7-8 nos. typically) which are mounted in a light weight sturdy aluminum profile flat demo panel system.
- Facilitates easy and safe wiring by students due to use of 4mm sturdy Shrouded banana patch cords and shrouded socket arrangements for high voltage circuits
- Each panel has ABS molded plastic sturdy enclosure, and colorful screw-less overlays showing circuits diagrams & its connection tag numbers for easy understanding and connection 4. Set of Instructor Guide & Student Workbook.
Choice of Power Engineering Trainer PET-1: Select one or more trainer.
|Model Name Specifications||PSS/Gen Generation & Transformer||PET/TL
|PET/SSD Substation Switching
|Rack Configuration &
No. of panels
|4 x 2 (7)||5 x 2 (7)||5 x 2 (9)|
|Resource Panels needed||EMT4, EMT8, EMT9 (3nos). EMT5A/5B, EMT6A/6B, EMT26A/26B, EMT34||EMT1, EMT34 (2nos) Table Top-EMT38 (2nos). EMT14A/B (dual panel) EMT 15 A/B (dual Panel), P30 phase sequence indicator||EMT41 (9 Nos)|
|Table Top M/C’s / accessories||Trunnion mounted DC 1 HP shunt machine coupled to 3ph salient pole alternator 1KVA, 415VAC, 50Hz Transformer 1KVA 3ph 415:415VAC 50Hz,||3 phase dimmer: I/P 415V, 3ph, 50Hz O/P: 0-470V, 3A, 3|
|List of Experiments||1. Regulation of 3 ph alternator by :
a) Synchronous impedance method
b) ZPF or POTIER method
c) Actual load test
2. Determination of :
a) Direct axis and quadrate axis sub transient reactance Xd” & Xq”.
b) Zero sequence reactance X0.
c) Negative sequence reactance X2
|1. Understanding phase sequence of a 3phphase source.
2. Working with bi-directional 3ph AC measurement panel observing flow of real & reactive power & optionally Modbus communication with PC.
5. Load test & calculation of regulation, efficiency of transmission line.
6. Receiving end circle diagram
|To Study following configuration
1. single Bus Configuration
2. Double Bus Double Breaker Configuration
3. Main & Transfer Bus configuration
4. Double Bus Single Breaker Configuration
5. Ring Bus configuration
6. Breaker and a Half Configuration
|Mechanical dimension (mm) / Kg. Wt.||1170(L) x 300(W) x 990(H)
|1170(L) x 300(W) x 545(H)
|Model Name Specifications|| PET/SCADA
|PET/PR-I Protection Relays-I||PET/PR-II Protection Relays -II|
|Rack. Configuration & No. of panels||4 x 2 (8)||4 x 2||4 x 2|
|Resource Panels needed||Converter cum distribution panel (CDP), Simulation cum extension panel (SEP), Power supply panel-Auxiliary substation power supply 24VDC, Relay Panel.||EMT16, EMT23, EMT39, EMT20F||EMT16, EMT23, EMT39, EMT20F|
|Table Top M/C’s / accessories||Select one or more of the following
IDMT over current Relay
Over / under voltage Relay Earth Fault Relay Differential Relay
|Select one or more of the following
Reverse power relay Under/over frequency relay
Phase balance / sequence relay
Power factor relay Distance Relay
|List of Experiments||Study of;
DCS consisting of PLC networked over RS485 with MultiDrop SCADA S/W [Supplied on Installable CD] with MODBUS capability USB H/W lock.
Protection Relay [optionally MODBUS RS485 configurable]
PLC receives trip contact from protection relays, circuit breakers & provides trip outputs to circuit breaker between various power substations like generation transformer transmission line substation switching network etc.
|To plot characteristics curve / behavior||To plot characteristics curve/ behavior|
|Mechanical dimension (mm) / Kg. Wt.||960(L) x 300(W) x 545(H)||960(L) x 300(W) x 545(H)||960(L) x 300(W) x 545(H)|
Input 3 phase DOL Starter panel (EMT1)
- 4 pole MCB of 415 V/2A.
- DOL 9A Contactor with 230V / 50 Hz / 11VA COIL.
- Bimetallic thermal O/L relay with range 1.4A – 2.3A.
Resistor Load (EMT14A/14B)
(1) AC Resistors = 10K/5K/3.5K/2.5K/2K/1.5K/off
200WX3 phases/ 6 taps
(2) DC Resistors = 750E/600E/300E/212E/162E/ 125E/off
112E/100E/400W / 6 taps off
LC Load (EMT 15A/15B) panel
(A) Inductive load = 0.75H/3H/300mAX3Nos.
(B) Capacitive load =1.25uF/2.5uF/5uF/415VX 3Nos.
1 phase Motor, Alternator & Sync. Motor Panel (EMT 16)
- 1 phase MCBs of 4A/1.6A – 2nos.
- 2 no. 2P2W selector switches to run as 1 phase alternator then as synchronous motor.
- 8A pushbutton switch to simulate as centrifugal switch.
Integrated AC 1 phase measurement panel (EMT20F )
- Consist of 96x96mm Digital meters one each for 1 phase Measures V, I, PF (0.2 lag unity 0.2 lead), Hz. Hence separate analog wattmeters (3phase, 1phase) are not needed.
- Current specs for 1 phase meter =1A/5A
Variable voltage & current injector panel (EMT23)
- Consist of 1 phase dimmer 230VAC/1A
- Short circuit transformer with primary 230VAC/1A, secondary 1V/ 20A.
Integrated AC 3 phase measurement panel (EMT34 )
- Consist of 96 x 96mm Digital meters for 3 phase . Measures V, I, PF (0.2 lag unity 0.2 lead), Hz. Hence separate analog wattmeters ( 3 , 1) are not needed.
Transmission line panel (EMT 38)
- Simulated model for short transmission line using R (10 ohm) & L (45 mH) components.
- Simulated model for medium length transmission line for II model.
- Simulated model for medium length transmission line for T model.
Over current and elapsed time measurement Panel (EMT39)
- Consists of AC ammeter of 20A.
- Elapsed time counter range 999.001 msec, resolution 1msec.
Phase sequence indicator and study Expt. Panel (P30)
- Study 3 phase 440V Electric utility supply.
- Determination of over voltage, under voltage, single phasing and reverse phasing / Displays OV, UV, SP, RP on digital display.
- 9 V Battery / +12V Supply operated.