Sci-tech Pilot Process Control Plant for Temperature Control System Trainer Model PCT 102 is designed to demonstrate various aspects of control engineering using a temperature controlled system. Hot/cold water passing through heat exchanger is controlled to obtain the temperature control. The system incorporates standard industrial components.
The pilot plant is designed for the students to familiarize with feedback control scheme used in industry. Following different parameters should be measured,
The equipment shall be DCS ready.
Software for Bode plot
– Compact and sturdy construction
– Easy and versatile operation
– Self contained system
– Computerised analysis (Optional)
– Incorporates standard industrial components
– Comprehensive instrumentation
1) Cold water Tank: 80 lit capacity, MOC: FRP
2) Hot water Tank: 80 lit capacity, MOC: FRP/MS with insulation. There should be facility to control temperature of this tank using a digital controller and electric heaters.
3) Plate type heat exchanger, no. of plates 9, MOC SS
4) Piping material: corrosion resistant Fusion PPR piping
5) Cold water Pump: Centrifugal pump capable of delivering 1000 lph flow at 3 bar 2 nos.
6) Hot water Pump: With Mechanical seals. Centrifugal pump capable of delivering 1000 LPH flow at 3 bar, 2 nos.
7) Pneumatic Control Valve: ½”, equal percentage characteristic. Input 3 to 15 psi. Flanged connection. Air to open type, Body material cast iron or better, Mounting: flange type, Actuator type: diaphragm, (Note: actuator and body assembly should detachable type not a single mould or miniature), Seating: double seated with upper and bottom bonnets, Make Samson Controls, Dembla or equivalent
8) Pt100 type temperature sensor
9) Temperature transmitter: Input: Pt100, Output 4 to 20 mA. HART protocol capable.
10) I/P Converter: Input 4-20 mA, Output: 3-15 psi
11) Airs filter Regulator: ¼” connection size, transparent bulbs, with pressure gauge. Input: 0-10 kg/cm2, regulated supply: 0-2 kg/cm2. Filter: 25 micron.
12) Colored Mimic depicting the process, size: 1000 mm x 700 mm (minimum)
13) HART Indicator: With LCD indicator. 15 units having HART protocol can be connected to this one unit.
14) PID Controller
– With HART protocol enabled
– LED/LCD display, display color green/black, for PV in operation mode, Set contents in setting mode
– LED display, display color red, for SV, OUT, PID, AL1, AL2 in operation mode
– Full Multi-range input (Thremocouple, RTD, DC Volts and current defined by input selector switch)
– Control output multi-function (On-Off pulse, SSR drive, current, current defined by input selector switch)
– Auto tuning and Fuzzy functions
– Sampling cycle: Approx. 0.2 sec
– Facility to bypass PID mode (Also known as Auto/Manual Mode)
– LED for Alarm display
– Hard changeover for switchover from manual to auto mode.
– 230 V AC operated
15) Interface Unit:
16) 8 channel analog input, 4-20 mA/0- 20 mA
17) 1 channel analog output, 4 –20 mA
18) Interface with PC through USB port
19) Control Panel Box: To house electricals as well as instrumentation. MOC: MS
20) PC: Latest specifications with pre-loaded Windows and control software
21) Software: Lab view Based SCADA Software for controlling the parameter. Software should be capable of Feedback, Feed forward, Cascade, Ratio and On- off control schemes. The software should have following facilities,