Sci-tech Base Hydraulic Bench Module for Experiments in Fluid Mechanics FM 100F is of volumetric type and has been designed to provide continuous and controlled supply of water to conduct various experiments using auxiliary modules in typical Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratory.
The unit is an ideal service unit for conducting student projects. Once filled, no external water supply is required. Water is recycled between the Experiment Module, Measuring Tank and the Storage Tank by the Centrifugal Pump.
Several experiments in Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics require continuous and controlled supply of water. The Basic Hydraulic Bench provides a controlled recirculation water supply to conduct experiments. The Basic Hydraulic Bench is a very important module and is recommended for all Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratories in Educational Institutions. It is a basic module for flow related experiments using auxiliary modules. Available in non-corrosive, non-breakable long lasting Fibre Glass.
1. Self contained and fully portable mobile unit.
2. Available in three options:
a) Light weight body made of reinforced fiber glass and corrosion resistant materials.
b) All stainless steel SS304 metal body for long life
c) Mild Steel sheet metal body for economical price.
3. Closed water circuit consisting of Measuring Tank, Storage Tank and the Centrifugal Pump.
4. Control valve to regulate the pump and adjust the flow rate.
5. Work space on Bench Top has integrated flow channel for flow measurements using Weirs and is fitted with stepped edge to ensure safe and easy mounting of experiment modules.
6. Suitable pipe connectors are provided in the Bench Top to enable easy change of experiment modules.
7. Graduated and stepped Measuring Tank for both low and high volume flow rates.
8. Level Indicators for water level are provided in the Open Channel and Measuring Tank.
9. Variable area Flow Meter (10-75 liters per minute) is also provided to measure flow rate independently.
10. Stilling baffles are provided to reduce turbulence.
11. Sight tube with scale provided to indicate instantaneous water level.
12. Bull’s eye level is provided to ensure proper position of the Bench and accurate reading of levels.
13. Remote Actuator provided to operate the Dump Valve at the base of Measuring Tank
14. Over Flow provided in Measuring Tank to avoid flooding.
15. Separate Storage Tank Outlet facility provided to enable the Bench to be used in any hydraulic circuit.
16. Push button starter provided for the centrifugal pump.
17. Power supply includes over-load and under-voltage protection.
Measuring Tank: 5Litres
Storage/Sump Tank: 120 Liters
Volumetric Tank: 25 Liters (85 Liters combined)
Centrifugal pump: 0.5HP
Pump Head:20 Mtr
Pump Start: Mushroom Push Button
Variable Flow Meter: 3000 LPH
– Electrical Overload & Under-Voltage
– Remote Actuator for Dump Valve
– Over Flow for Measuring Tank
 base module for supplying experimental units in fluid mechanics
 closed water circuit with storage tank, submersible pump and measuring tank
 measuring tank divided in two for volumetric flow rate measurements
 measuring beaker with scale for very small volumetric flow rates
 measurement of volumetric flow rates by using a stopwatch
 work surface with integrated flume for experiments with weirs
 work surface with inside edge for safe placement of the accessory and for collecting the dripping water
 storage tank, measuring tank and work surface made of Fiber Glass
The Storage Tank Capacity can be increased to 250 liters based on the requirements of the user.
* A list of common experiments that can be conducted using the Basic Hydraulic Bench is given below:
1. Impact of a Jet Model FM01
2. Flow over Weirs Model FM02
3. Bernoulli’s Theorem Demonstration model FM 03
4. Orifice Discharge Model FM 04
5. Energy Loss in Bends Model FM 05
6. Osborne Reynolds Demonstration Model FM 06
7. Energy Loss in Pipes Model FM 07
8. Hydrostatic Pressure Model FM 08
9. Flow Visualization in Channels Model FM 20
10. Metacentric Height Model FM 08
11. Stability of Floating Bodies Model FM 11
12. Series & Parallel Pumps Model FM 12
13. Centrifugal Pump Characteristics Model FM13
14. Free and Forced Vortices Model FM 14
15. Pipe Surge and Water Hammer Apparatus Model GFM 33
16. Pelton Turbine Model FM 16
17. Orifice & Free Jet Flow Model FM 17
18. Flow Meter Demonstration Model FM 18
19. Cavitation Phenomenon Demonstration Model FM 19
20. Laminar Flow Demonstration Model MH 49
21. Radial Flow Turbine Model FM24
22. Venturi Meter FM 40V
23. Pipe Friction Apparatus Model FM 23
24. Flow Channel 1m Length Model FM 09
25. Depression Measurement System (Vacuum Gauge)
26. Axial Flow Turbine Model FM 87
27. Pump Impeller Display Panel Model FM22
28. Laminar And Turbulent Pipe Flow Apparatus Model GFM 29
Based on the request by the user, provision can be made to study the performance of the Centrifugal Pump at various load conditions. The pump is coupled to the Motor Dynamometer with an inverter, digital speed indicator and the spring balance to measure the pump input.
Pressure gauges are provided at pump inlet and exit to measure the head developed.
Electrical Supply, 220-240 V earthed single-phase, 50 Hz.
1350 mm X 800 mm X 1100H mm.