Sci-tech Filterability Index Unit Model ENV 005 is demonstrating the filtering process through a porous media. It enables a water quality test to be made on a suspension to be filtered through sand or similar granular media. This unit utilizes a bed of granular material, normally sand, which can be chosen by the student to suit his own purposes. The measurements taken with this unit enable a filterability index to be calculated which has significance in deep bed filter performance.
– Compact bench top unit with non-corrosive components
– Transparent components & Tubing for better visualization.
– Includes precision Flow meter & differential manometer for accurate measurement.
The Filterability index unit is a bench-top unit composed of a feeding tank, where the initial solution of water with solids in suspension is placed. During the normal operation, the tank is communicated with the sand filter upper part, through a pipe of 10 mm diameter. The filter lower part is communicated with the flow-meter. A regulation valve located at the flow-meter allows to change the flow which passes through the filter. The fluid pressure is obtained by means of the gravity, because the feeding tank is placed in high. The pressure is measured by a manometer.
The filter cartridge is easily removable, so it allows to study the difference between different media, both in compositions and in mesh.
Detailed Operation & Maintenance Manual is provided along with the trainer.
- Feed Vessel: 1.5 litre Capacity, Material – Glass
- Filter Unit: 60mm high, cell diameter: 38mm
- Flow meter: 20-280ml/min.
- Water manometer: Range 0.5 m
- Height: 0.97m
- Width: 0.45m
- Depth: 0.25m
– Electric Supply 220-240 V AC, Single Phase, Earthed.
– Water: Tap water supply & Drain.