Sci-tech Distributed Control System Trainer Model PCT 015 is a complete training solution that combines the operations of a leading commercial DCS process management package, namely Honeywell HC 900 with an assortment of our proprietary training rigs.
The training rigs offer a range of processes:
– Level and Flow
– Forced Air Cooling
These may be operated separately or combined to produce a multi-process, multi-loop system. The trainer is supplied complete with the PC, software, controller and I/O modules that are needed to monitor and control the process rigs. A control cabinet houses the controller and interface components that connect to the process rigs. Connections to the individual rigs are easily made using the supplied cables.
The valves, transducers and transmitters associated with the training equipment are standard industrial components that operate using simple 4–20 mA current loop control, and 24V dc. The trainer can be used to perform a set of operations that will guide the student from the basics of plant components, sensors and transmitters, to the final control algorithms that are used in various applications components, sensors and transmitters, to the final control algorithms that are used in various applications
The system has the following general features:
– A Windows-based Workstation that provides a Graphical User Interface to the processes and System configuration functions.
– The system includes a PC with speakers to provide audible alarms.
– Allows both continuous and sequential control of the processes.
– Uses Industry-standard 4-20 mA signals and 24 V D.C. outputs.
– 8 Analogue and 16 Discrete (Digital) inputs
– 8 Analogue and 16 Discrete (Digital) outputs.
– Uses a simple interconnect system to ease system installation.
– The system displays graphical representations of the process rigs to simulate an industrial plant Environment
The system has two modes: “Design” and “Run”. It is possible to switch easily between these two modes. The Controller and interface system are housed in an industrial 19” rack.
– The software provides an integrated SCADA Environment with I/O tags held in a database.
– The system is a DCS learning environment which provides a range of experiments. These have both theory and practical elements.