Sci-tech Aerobic Water Treatment Pilot Plant Model ENV 01. The activated sludge pilot plant consists of an oxidation reactor and of a settler according to the traditional diagram of single-stage sewage treatment process. Biomass is oxidized in a reactor with agitator by the air blown by a compressor. The processed liquid is then sent to the settler.
The sludges settling on settler bottom are recycled by a recirculation pump into the oxidation tank.
The water flowing out of the settler is conveyed to a drain.
Data acquisition is carried out by a specific software.
The process unit enables to develop and analyze the following issues:
• Purification efficiency versus the following parameters:
– composition of water to be treated
– residence time
– organic load
– pH in oxidation tank
– concentration of dissolved oxygen
• AISI 304 stainless steel framework with castors
• Feed tank, 300 l capacity
• Cylindrical oxidation reactor of transparent methacrylate, 60 l capacity, including an AISI 304 stainless steel
agitator with motor and air diffuser
• Settler of transparent methacrylate, 30 l capacity
• Peristaltic feed pump
• Sludge recirculation peristaltic pump
• Diaphragm compressor with body of stainless steel
• Microprocessor-controlled board-type pH-meter, with range of 2 to 12 pH, 4 to 20 mA output signal
• Microprocessor-controlled board-type rH-meter, with range of -1500 and +1500 mV, 4 to 20 mA output signal
• Microprocessor-controlled board-type dissolved oxygen meter, with range of 0 and 20 ppm, 4 to 20 mA output
• Electronic flow-meter for measuring air flow rate to reactor
• Data acquisition software for Windows
– 220 – 240V 1Ph, 50Hz