A Microcontroller is a type of micro-processor emphasizing high integration, low power consumption, self-sufficiency and cost effectiveness. The microcontroller design integrates additional elements such as Read-write memory for Data storage.
Read-only memory, Peripheral devices, and input/output interfaces. At clock speeds of as little as a few MHz or even lower, Microcontrollers often operate at very low speed compared to modern day microprocessors, but this is adequate for typical applications.
By reducing the size, cost, and power consumption compared to a design using separate Microprocessor, Memory, and Input/Output devices, Microcontrollers make it economical to electronically control many more
processes. Microcontroller Trainer Kits are accompanied by exhaustive manual with sufficient sample programs to study different features of Microcontrollers.
– 8051 CPU operating @ 10/12 MHz.
– 8K user RAM using 6264 with Battery Backup using NICD Battery.
– One socket is provided for RAM expansion up to 64K.
– 16K bytes of powerful monitor EPROM using 27512.
– 48 I/O lines using 2 Nos. of 8255 brought at 26 Pins FRC Connector to interface with IC-XX Series.
– Three Channel Timer/Counter using 8253 brought out at 10 Pins FRC Connector.
– 25 Keys Hexadecimal Keyboard and 6 digit Seven segment display using 8279
– Two External interrupts INT0 & INT1 are available at 40 pin FRC connector.
– RS-232C interface using 8251 brought out at 9 Pins D-Type Connector
– Auxiliary RS-232C using RX/TX of 8051 brought out at 9 Pins D-Type Connector.
* Two modes of operation:
– Keyboard Mode.
– Serial Mode.
* Powerful Commands like Examine/Edit Memory, Examine/Edit Register, Single stepping, Execution, Break Point can be used through hex keyboard or PC serial mode.
* Facility for Downloading/Uploading files from/to PC.
* All Address, Data, Control & Port lines are available on 40 Pins & 20 Pins FRC
* All ICS are mounted on IC Sockets.
* Bare board Tested Glass Epoxy SMOBC PCB is used.
* In-Built Power Supply of +5V/1.5A, ±12V/250mA
* User’s Manual with sample programs