Digital Communication refers to the field of study concerned with the transmission of digital data. In contrast with analog communications, a digital transmission can be broken down into discrete messages.
Transmitting data in discrete messages allows for greater signal processing capability. The ability top process a communications signal means that errors caused by random processes can be detected and corrected…..can also be sampled instead of continuously monitored and multiple signals can be multiplexed together to form one signal.
Different techniques of Digital communications can be understood by working on these kits that are accompanied with detailed student manuals. Circuit diagrams, inscriptions and legends printed on the pcb facilitates understanding the circuitry better and faster. Test Points are provided to analyze signals at different stages.
* Sine Wave Generator
– Provides Synchronized Sine waveform output of 250Hz,
500Hz, 1 KHz and 2 KHz.
– Provision for Amplitude adjustments provided.
* Pulse Generator
– Switch selectable sampling clock of 8, 16, 32,64 KHz.
– Crystal Controlled Pulse Generator.
* Modulation Techniques
– Delta modulation
– Sigma Delta modulation
– Adaptive Delta modulation
– CVSD modulation
* On-board features
– m-law Compander and Expander
– Integrator Gain Setting.
– 2nd & 4th order Butterworth Low pass filter with cut off frequency of 3.4 KHz.
– Block Description Screen printed on glassy epoxy PCB
– All interconnections are made using 2mm banana Patch cords.
* Test points are provided to analyze signals at various points.
* All ICS are mounted on IC Sockets.
* Bare board Tested Glass Epoxy SMOBC PCB is used.
* In-Built Power Supply of +5V/1.5A, ±12V/250mA with Power ON indication
* Attractive Wooden enclosures of Light weight Australian Pine Wood.
* Set of 2mm Patch cords for interconnections
* User’s Manual with sample experimental programs