Experiment investigating with Sci-tech Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre Apparatus Model MT 075 with different sectioned beams when the loading is not in the plane of a principal axis. A ‘U’ section, ‘L’ section and rectangular beam cantilever is horizontally supported within a rotating clamp which fits in a substantial frame attached to the Frame and Stand. The rotating clamp enables the loading and deflection planes to be set relative to the cross section axes. A protractor scale is fitted to the substantial block and a pointer on the specimen references against this scale.
– High-quality structures teaching module for students of mechanical, civil and structural engineering
– Allows safe and practical experiments into deflections of beams and cantilevers
– Realistic and verifiable experiment results
– Optional Structures Software package for extra ‘virtual’ experiments that simulate and confirm the results from your hardware and allow extended experiments
– Optional MOS Software package for automatic data acquisition and virtual experiments
• Cantilevered specimens: ‘U’; ‘L’ and rectangular
• Angle of principle axes can be varied
• Cantilever test length 600mm
• Dial gauges to accurately measure the deflection of the free end of the test specimen during loading
• Protractor attached
• Shear Centre analysis for ‘U’ specimen only.
• Specimen loading transmitted through hanger and calibrated test weights
• Must be used with universal Frame and Stand