The Sci-tech Subsonic Wind Tunnel Model AT 003 setup is an open wind tunnel used to demonstrate and measure the aerodynamic properties of various models.
– Open wind tunnel for a variety of aerodynamic experiments
– Homogeneous flow through the flow straightener and special nozzle contour
– Transparent measuring section
– Comprehensive selection of optional instrumentation, models and ancillaries
The Sci-tech Subsonic Wind Tunnel Model AT 003 setup is an open wind tunnel used to demonstrate and measure the aerodynamic properties of various models. For this purpose, air is drawn in from the environment and accelerated. The air flows around a model, such as an aerofoil, in a measuring section. The air is then decelerated in a diffuser and pumped back into the open by a fan. The carefully designed nozzle and a flow straightener ensure a uniform velocity distribution with little turbulence in the closed measuring section. The flow cross section of the measuring section is square. The built-in axial fan and a variable-speed drive is characterised by an energy-efficient operation at high efficiency. Air velocities of up to 30 m/s can be reached in this open wind tunnel. The trainer is equipped with an electronic two-component force sensor. Lift and drag are detected and displayed digitally. The air velocity in the measuring section is displayed on the inclined tube manometer. Extensive accessories allow a variety of experiments, for example lift measurements, pressure distributions, boundary layer analysis or visualization of streamlines.
– Dimensions (Assembled): L x W x H: 3m x 1 m x1.7 m
– Working section: 300 mm x 300 mm, and 500 mm long.
– Air velocity: 0 to 30 m/s
– Fan: Axial Fan, 2 hp, 1440 / 2800 RPM
– Variable Speed Drive: For Fan Speed Control
– 16 Tube, Inclined Manometer
– Two Component Force Balance for Lift and Drag Measurement with Digital Display
– Pitot Tube
– Digital Air Velocity Indicator
– Cylinder Model with Pressure Tapping
– Aerofoil with Tappings
– Aerofoil for Drag Measurement
– 100 mm Diameter Flat Plate
– Flat Boundary Layer Model
– Drag Models – Circular, Square, Rectangular, Cylinder, Tube Bundle