Sturdy, compact, self contained bench top unit for determining the surface strains and deflections of a flexible diaphragm under varying pressures.
An aluminum diaphragm is clamped rigidly around its outer edge, creating a volume underneath its surface into which oil is filled. On the top surface of the diaphragm are attached 8 precision strain gauges at differing orientations. Round Diaphragm Apparatus Model MT 102 diaphragm is flexed, the strain gauge output is fed into a digital display, which is supplied.
The force applied to the diaphragm is created by pressurizing the oil underneath the diaphragm using a fine adjustment control mechanism. An analogue pressure indicator monitors the pressure, whilst an electronic pressure sensor monitors the same pressure but gives an output signal to the digital display.
- Apparatus for determining surface strain and deflection of flexible diaphragm.
- To have strain gauge attached to surface.
- To utilize digital dial gauge for recording surface deflection and surface strain.
- To have fine pressure adjustment for adjusting applied pressure to diaphragm.
- Digital display for strain, pressure and deflection values.
- Data acquisition software for key experimental parameters, optional.