Sci-tech Process Pilot Plant for Pressure Control System Trainer Model PCT 105 is designed to demonstrate various aspects of control engineering using a system to control pressure in a tank. The system incorporates the standard industrial components.
Either compressed air or water is used as media depending on the model selected.
1. This should be a pilot plant designed for the students to familiarize with feedback control scheme used in industry. Following different parameters should be measured,
– Compact and sturdy construction
– Easy and versatile operation
– Self contained system
– Incorporates standard industrial components
– Comprehensive instrumentation
The plant consists of following components,
1) Sump Tank: 20 lit capacity, Transparent, MOC: acrylic
2) Pressure Tank: 1.5 lit capacity, SS, with dish-ends. Facility to mount Pressure sensor, Pressure Gauge, inlet and drain arrangement. The tank should have facility to vary load of the system.
3) Piping material: corrosion resistant Fusion PPR piping
4) Pump: Centrifugal pump capable of delivering 1000 lph flow at 3 bar pressure, make Q-Tech, Tullu or equivalent, 230 V AC operated
5) Pneumatic Control Valve: ½”, equal percentage characteristic. Input 3 to 15 psi. Flanged connection. Air to open type, Make Samson Controls or equivalent
6) Pressure sensor suitable to sense pressure of up to 5 bar. 2 wire-type. Supply 24 V dc. Output: 4- 20 mA
7) Pressure Gauge: Glycerene filled. Dia: 4 “. Range: 4.2 kg/cm2
8) Air filter Regulator: ¼” connection size, transparent bulbs, with pressure gauge. Input: 0-10 kg/cm2, regulated supply: 0-2 kg/cm2. Filter: 25 micron.
9) Temperature transmitter: Input: Pt100, Output 4 to 20 mA. HART protocol capable.
10) I/P Converter: Input 4-20 mA, Output: 3-15 psi
11) Airs filter Regulator: ¼” connection size, transparent bulbs, with pressure gauge. Input: 0-10 kg/cm2, regulated supply: 0-2 kg/cm2. Filter: 25 micron.
12) Colored Mimic depicting the process, size: 1000 mm x 700 mm (minimum)
13) HART Indicator: With LCD indicator. 15 units having HART protocol can be connected to this one unit.
14) PID Controller
– With HART protocol enabled
– LED/LCD display, display color green/black, for PV in operation mode, Set contents in setting mode
– LED display, display color red, for SV, OUT, PID, AL1, AL2 in operation mode
– Full Multi-range input (Thremocouple, RTD, DC Volts and current defined by input selector switch)
– Control output multi-function (On-Off pulse, SSR drive, current, current defined by input selector switch)
– Auto tuning and Fuzzy functions
– Sampling cycle: Approx. 0.2 sec
– Facility to bypass PID mode (Also known as Auto/Manual Mode)
– LED for Alarm display
– Hard changeover for switchover from manual to auto mode.
– 230 V AC operated