This is a basic module which provides facilities to develop the understanding and knowledge of various fundamental principles and techniques required for the study of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
Several experiments in Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics which are related to properties of fluids and hydrostatics can be carried out using the Hydrostatic Bench. The unit allows full range of experiments to be carried out including demonstration and measurement of fluid properties, effects of static pressure, application of pressure gauges and manometers and the study of stability of floating bodies. The Hydrostatic Bench is a very important module and is recommended for all Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratories in Educational Institutions.
Important components and specifications:
The unit consists of the following experimental apparatus:
1. U-tube water manometer, 0-450 mm.
2. Capillary attraction plates.
3. U-tube mercury manometer, 0-450 mm.
4. Capillary tubes, 4 tubes.
5. Bourdon gauge, 0-3 kg/cm2.
6. Mercury barometer.
7. Aneroid barometer.
8. Falling sphere viscometer, 40 mm tube dia., 10-850 St.
9. Capillary viscometer, 10cSt – 40cSt.
10. Hair Hygrometer
11. Specific gravity bottle, 50 ml.
12. Thermometer, 0-500C.
13. Triple beam balance, 0-2610 g.
14. Hydrometer, 1.0 – 2.0.
15. Beakers, containers, pipette.
16. Free surface tubes.
17. Vernier hook gauge, stainless steel, 0-150 mm.
18. Dead weight pressure tester, resolution: 0.05 mm.
19. Apparatus to measure hydrostatic pressure.
20. Pascal’s apparatus.
21. Archimedes principle apparatus.
22. Apparatus for determination of meta-centric height.
23. Digital pressure indicator.
24. Air pump.
25. Stop clock.
A comprehensive instruction and laboratory teaching manual describing the apparatus, method of conducting experiments and analysis of data and results will be supplied along with the equipment.
Electrical Supply, 220-240 V, 50Hz earthed single-phase.
H = 1660 mm, W = 1600 mm, D = 650 mm.
The manual describing the theoretical and practical aspects of the apparatus, operation, analysis of results, and sample of results will be supplied with the equipment.