Sci-tech Gear Maintenance Trainer Model MT 071 is a versatile assembly allows for convenient hands-on training in gear identification, installation, alignment, and troubleshooting.
The device includes a diverse selection of industrial quality gears, shafts, and bearings, allowing for use in a variety of configurations.
– Steel baseplate with provision for table-top mounting.
– Welded aluminum gear box, allowing for installation of all supplied gear sets.
– Seven custom bearing housings allowing for installation and shimming (internal and external) of tapered roller bearing sets.
– Two additional flanged bearing units for open gearing application.
– Gear sets including; spur gears, helical gears, worm/worm gear, and bevel (miter) gears. Gear sets represent different pitches, ratios, pressure angles, and pitch diameters.
– Bearings, including tapered roller bearings and radial ball bearings.
– Shafting with keyways and keys.
– Handle for illustrating thrust and establishing wear patterns.
– Steel bracket for mounting dial indicator.
– High-durability, urethane coatings throughout.
– Can be mounted on the standard ‘Sci-tech’ Electromechanical Integration Bench
– Provision for mounting Cams and Mechanisms Accessory, #222.
– Overall size of 300W x 550L x 350H in mm & @35Kgs.
– Six (6) custom bearing housings: Allows for installation and shimming (internal and external) of tapered roller bearing sets.
– One (1) flanged bearing units for open gearing application.
– Gear sets to include following types of gears with different pitches, pressure angles and pitch diameters:
a. Spur Gears, One no.
b Helical Gears, two nos.
b. Worm Gear, One no.
c. Bevel (miter) gears, two nos
– Bearings, one each:
d. Tapered roller bearings
e. Radial ball bearings.
– Handle for illustrating thrust and establishing wear patterns
– Backlash measurements can be done using a dial indicator.
– Machined gearbox to allow mounting different ~ shaft gearing sets.