Sci-tech Gas Absorption Desorption Column Model TH 076 is a widely used in unit operations of chemical engineering. Gas absorption and desorption unit is a floor mounted bench scale system designed to demonstrate the principles of gas absorption and desorption for student to investigate the principles of packed tower absorption processes and hydrodynamics as well as provide practical training in the Absorption and desorption plant.
The first absorption column is designed to absorb CO2 from an air/CO2 mixture into water flowing down the column. Stainless steel tank and pump is provided to deliver fresh water supply to the top of the first column. A
Mixture of Air and CO2 is fed to bottom of the column for the absorption process. This column act as a gas absorber packed with rasching rings.
Additional types of packing such as Berl saddies or spheres can be supplied. This packing is to be filled into the gas absorption column. The column is made up by two 100mm diameter borosilicate glass tubing with a total length of 1200 mm. Second column of exact dimensions is designed to adsorb CO2 from the water product from the first column into supplied air.
– Stainless steel feed tank capacity : 60 L
– Stainless steel collecting tank capacity : 60 L
– Stainless steel production tank capacity : 60 L
– Absorption Column: Diameter of column : 80 mm; Total length of column : 1200 mm
– Adsorption Column: Diameter of column : 80 mm; Total length of column : 600 mm
– Type of packing (gas absorption) : Berl saddle (1/2”) or Raschig ring (10 X 10 mm)
– Compressor capacity : 2 hp with 1400 rpm
– Compressor tank capacity : 100 L
– Centrifugal pump X 2 units : Stainless steel impeller 0.75 kW
– Maximum pump delivery : 50 L/min
– Air flow meters X 2 units : Range 20.0 – 180.0 L/min
– Gas flow meters X 2 units : Range 1.0 – 22.0 L/min
– Water flow meters X 2 units : Range 1.0 – 10.0 L/min
– U-Tube manometers : Acrylic with water proof indicator
– CO2 sensors X 4 units : 0 – 50% with digital display
– Air regulator : Adjustable, 0 – 10 bar
– Pressure gauge: 0 – 10 bar