– Vibrations in belt drives
– Resonance and critical speed
Belt drives are low-maintenance, low-noise, long-life drive units. It is important that the belt should not vibrate and/or slip.
Belt Drive Study Apparatus Model MT 098 can be used to investigate conditions that cause vibration or slip. The effect of disparate elongation on multiple belt drives can be demonstrated by means of individually-adjustable tensioning rollers. The belt drive is a dual belt drive with a belt tensioner. It can, however, also be operated with only one belt. An eccentrically-bored small belt pulley and a damaged V-belt enhance the range of possible experiments.
The brake and optional load unit is required to conduct the experiment.
The accessory set is mounted on the base plate of the machinery diagnostic base system.
To measure and evaluate the experiment, optional computerized vibration analyzer is required. It includes all the necessary sensors, a measuring amplifier and analysis software to record the vibration phenomena.
1. Investigation of the vibrations of belt drives
2. Dual belt drive with V-belt
3. Belt drive can be operated with one belt
4. Individually-adjustable tensioning rollers
5. Belt drive with radial run-out
6. Damaged V-belt
7. Belt pre-tension measuring unit 0…150N
8. Optional brake and load unit is required for experiments on the belt drive
9. Stackable storage system to house the components
– large: Ø=125mm
– small: Ø=63mm
– small, eccentric: Ø=63mm
Axle centers: 300mm
– SPZ, approx. 10mm wide
– belt length: 912mm