Sci-tech Apparatus for determining the Gauge Factor of Strain Gauges Model MT 058 allows the measurement of deflection and strain in a bar and the determination of the gauge factor of strain gauges.
Sci-tech Apparatus for determining the Gauge Factor of Strain Gauges Model MT 058 is used to measure deformation in a bar by means of a dial gauge and four strain gauges in full bridge configuration. The gauge factor is calculated through several measurements taken with the strain gauges.
The gauge factor (or strain factor) of a strain gauge is the ratio of relative change in electrical resistance to the mechanical strain. The signal obtained with a strain gauge is processed by a strain measurement amplifier to visualize the resulting strain in a display.
To evaluate the measurements given by the measuring device and the reading shown in the display, it is necessary know the gauge factor of the strain gauge.
– Unit mounted on a metallic frame.
– A bending bar:
Material: stainless steel. Dimensions: 680 x 25 x 12 mm
The bar is supported on ball bearings at two points, allowing to apply a purely bending stress. It includes two strain gauges on the tension side and two strain gauges on the compression side in full bridge configuration:
Strain gauge measuring point: full bridge, 350Ω.
– A mechanical load application device. It includes a spindle, a cross-arm and a flywheel.
– Dial gauge with adjustable dial for direct deflection measurement, range: 0-20mm., graduations: 0.01mm.
– Electronic console (in separate metallic box), including:
– Strain gauge connector.
– Digital display for the strain gauge.
– Cables and accessories, for normal operation.
– Manuals: This unit is supplied with the following manuals: Required Services, Assembly and Installation, Starting-up, Safety, Maintenance & Practices Manuals.