Sci-tech Plunger Pump Demonstration Apparatus Model FM 88 is a motor driven plunger pump, mounted on a stainless steel plinth with a water reservoir, pulsation damper and pipework for continuous circulation. The pump head, measuring tank, pulsation damper and the water reservoir are manufactured from clear acrylic for maximum visibility. The pump outlet is connected to both a sprung loading valve and a needle valve to investigate different loading characteristics. A pressure relief valve protects the operator and the equipment. An additional valve can be used to isolate or include the pulsation damper, allowing the effect of damping to be investigated Electronic sensors measure the instantaneous cylinder pressure within the pump, the pump displacement and the cumulative flow over a period of time.
- A small-scale plunger pump demonstration unit, comprising of a water reservoir, pump, control valve, relief valve and interconnecting pipe work, all mounted on a stainless steel base.
- Includes both a sprung loading valve and a needle valve for loading the pump.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for cylinder pressure, plunger position, pump outlet pressure and cumulative flow.
- Pulsation damping facility.
- Transparent pump head for visibility.
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via an interface console (an essential accessory).
- Supplied with optional software providing full instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the teaching exercises. Facilities provided for logging, processing and displaying data graphically. Full theoretical back-up included together with a student questions and answers session
Measurement during each pump cycle of:
– plunger displacement
– cylinder pressure
– pump outlet pressure
On-line P-V diagram displays
Measurement of volumetric efficiency
Measuring the effect on pump performance of:
– sprung loading valve or needle valve
– adjusting the outlet loading valve
– the inclusion of a pulsation damper vessel
- Max flow rate: 0.725 l/m typical
- Max head: 4 bar
- Swept volume: 15mm stroke x 32mm diameter
- Pumping speed: variable up to 60 strokes/minute
- Motor power rating: 250W
– Mains power supply: 220-240V, 1Ph, 50Hz